Indian Head Massage at New Body Barn, Devizes
Indian head massage has evolved from traditional techniques that have been practised for over 1000 years. Massage has always played an important part of Indian life. Ayurveda is an ancient Indian healing system and massage is featured in the earliest Ayurveda texts which date back nearly 4000 years.
Generations of women have been taught by their mothers' to massage their scalps to keep their hair strong, lustrous and in beautiful condition.
Benefits of Indian Head Massage
- Indian Head Massage can help reduce the symptoms of anxiety/depression and also increase energy levels.
- It assists with pain relief.
- It aids concentration and relieves eyestrain.
- It helps to reduce blood pressure.
- Indian Head Massage assists in relieving headaches and can be beneficial for migraine sufferers.
- It is helpful for disturbed sleep and insomnia.
- It helps relieve sinusitis and congestion.
Medical permission must be sought before treating certain conditions such as
- Recent operation (within 3 - 6 months depending on type of surgery) or awaiting surgery for a serious condition.
- Thrombosis or recent haemorrhage
- Recent head or neck injury
- Dysfunction of the nervous system
- Heart problems
Also treatment cannot be carried out if you have
- skin or scalp infection such as ringworm, scabies, lice.
- are in the first 2o weeks of pregnancy*
- a temperature or migraine
Indian Head Massage is available at New Body Barn, Devizes in the Vale of Pewsey.
We are pleased to offer Indian Head Massage at New Body Barn. Why not give our therapist Michele Flynn a call to arrange an appointment today.
Read more about Michele here.
Indian head massage is conducted in New Body Barn, Devizes Treatment Room which is also available for hire.