Reiki at New Body Barn, Devizes
Reiki is a Japanese word meaning Universal Life Energy. It is the name given to a natural healing technique which was developed in Japan by a man named Mikao Usui in 1919.
It is based on the principles of traditional Chinese medicine and energy transfer techniques such as Chi Kung. It also draws on elements of Tendai Buddhism and Shintoism.
Reiki heals by flowing through the affected parts of the energy field and charging them with positive energy.
Reiki Principles The five Reiki principles are Mikao Usui's guidelines for living:
- Just for today, I will not be angry.
- Just for today, I will not worry.
- Just for today, I will give thanks for my many blessings.
- Just for today, I will do my work honestly.
- Just for today, I will be kind to my neighbours and every living thing.
You might like to recite this on a daily basis and think what each one means to you and how it can relate to your own life.
Benefits of Reiki
- Stress reduction and relaxation.
- Support during times of crisis.
- Aiding recovery after surgery or illness.
- Healing acute injuries and chronic problems such as asthma, eczema and headaches.
- Pain relief.
Treatment cannot be carried out if:
- You have a pacemaker fitted.
- You are in the first 15 weeks of pregnancy.
- You are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- You have any broken bones which have not begun to heal.
Reiki is available at New Body Barn, Devizes in the Vale of Pewsey.
We are pleased to offer Reiki at New Body Barn. Why not give our therapist Michele Flynn a call to arrange an appointment today.
Read more about Michele here.
Indian head massage is conducted in New Body Barn, Devizes Treatment Room which is also available for hire.